Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Have Hope

I received the book Craft Hope for Christmas and I have been itching to find a good project to start with. After countless time flipping through the pretty pages, I went with the classic pillowcase dress.  This is my first attempt and I think it turned out pretty cute.  I found a nice case at the local thrift store.  I loved the trim at the opening. The rest was as easy as pie, thanks to the books great instructions.  I made size 6-12 mo. 

  The only embellishment I added were the buttons. I had them sitting around in the stash and thought they would add a little something to the dress.  Kinda cute no?

  This dress is on its way to Florida for my new niece. I have some other pillowcases in the stash that are now on its way to becoming dresses.  I think many will be sent out for charity, but a couple may find there way as gifts.  The book is amazing and full of all kinds of projects.  It  is inspiring and also a great way to get the kiddos included in some activities for others.

No comments: