Friday, March 5, 2010

Thinking Softie

The project for March is to sew a softie.  Believe it or not, this very simple and small project is intimidating to me. I don't know why, I just really don't want to mess this up.  The fantastically creative  LollyChops has inspired me to create my own owl.  Look how cute her little guys is! (above picture is hers!) The project seems straight forward,simple, and I am hoping to send these guys off to my 14mo.old nephew and his soon to be sibling.  We are waiting to see if said sibling is going to be a girl or a boy.  In the meantime, I am taking a deep breath and plunging into the softie world.  THIS is the very reason why I am doing this challenge.  Time to get out of the comfort zone and try new things.  So onward and upward. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sally said...

Good luck!
I found the experience of making my first softie a little bit freaky... in a frankenstein kind of way.
I'm participating in the challenge too but haven't committed to what I am going to make yet. Ooops... I always seem to leave it to the last moments.