Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer Sewing Has Begun!

   It may only be the end of May, but if feels like summer around here! Highs are in the 90's and the boys are running in the sprinkler to cool off.  Salads, lemonade, and cool treats are in hand.  Crafting has taken a back seat to things like yard work, planting, birthday parties, and end of the school year activities.

   However, I have finally finished a tunic shirt for summer! Love the fabric. It is a cotton lawn. Although it can show wrinkles (see picture), the comfort factor wins. This fabric is sooooo light weight,  it calls, no screams to made into something light and a bit boho. The pattern was Simplicity 2586 ( Cynthia Rowley ).  It was pretty easy, the only modification I made was on the arm hole.  I used FOE (fold over elastic) rather than a finished sleeve.  I love that idea and it very comfortable (and forgiving!).  I think I will that method again on my next top.  I can another one of these making its way into the summer wardrobe. Yes indeed.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Hi katie, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!