Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Declaration Of Craft

  Whew, this past weekend of celebrating independence (4th of July) and enjoying the extra long weekend has finally put me in a crafty mood.  We have played in the sun, sand, stayed up late to watch fireworks, chased lighting bugs, ate junk food, and even took naps.  It was fantastic, but now I am longing for my craft room.

I am declaring it a craft week around here.  I am so far behind in sewing it is just crazy, and my knitting? Well, forget it, what knitting!!  That is just unacceptable! One of the things on tap this week is to hem my bridesmaid dress (not very exciting stuff, but it has to get done).  Also I have some knit fabric that is just calling out to be made into something comfortable.  There are also some cushions that need to be made for our metal glider.  I would also like to cast on for this lovely cowl.  It is never to late to start knitting for the fall. Of course there are ALWAYS mittens to be made. I think the Reading Mitts are in order as well.  They are to adorable!  There are crafts for the kids to do as well.  Hope to have some progress done in the next couple of days.  In the meantime I need to get off this electronic time suckage device and get going!!

No comments: