Thursday, August 26, 2010

Push and Pull

  The days are starting to get noticeably shorter and there is something in the air.  These past couple of weeks have been very strange ones around here.  It is that back to school vibe and it puts me a push/pull mood.  I want to covet these last few days with everyone at home.  I want to try and get in some last minute day trips to enjoy the summer.  I want to slow down and enjoy every little minute.  At the same time we begin to get bombarded with appointments, open houses, and back to school shopping. The oldest is a little quicker to put on his "I'm board" routine.  I have to admit the boys are ready for a little time apart.  While they love each other and play well together (for the most part), they are getting tired of the same ol' thing.

My crafting has taken a bit of a backseat in order to enjoy these days a little more.  My head is full of ideas, but when it comes to actual execution, well, other things just seem a little more important right now.  However, I feel there will projects to share very soon!!  

1 comment:

Sally said...

The days are getting longer in my part of the world... thank goodness... I am so looking forward to spring!