Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Still Going Strong

  I have been a vegan for 19 days.  I have learned LOTS about cooking, nutrition, things about myself, and my family. Did you know you can be a vegan and eat nothing but foods that are still bad for you (did you know Oreo's are vegan?) I thought vegan's were all very skinny and so uber healthy. I am thankful for so many amazing cooks and blogger's out there who are keeping me well supplied with great recipes and ideas for foods (healthy options).  The library has been a great resource for finding cookbooks and articles on how to eat healthy, get your recommended nutrition, and be happy.

  The Mr. has surprised me by being a willing participant.  While he is NOT committed to a full on vegan or vegetarian menu, he does eat what is put in front of him.  He does not complain and he seems satisfied with each meal. While my kids are sticking with their kid friendly fare, my oldest has all of the sudden becoming willing to try different veggies.  I am so super excited about that. 

I still miss cheese.  Not all cheese, just the good stuff.  I also miss Nutella.  In less then 2 weeks I will be able to indulge again.  However, I do think there is a shift in the food force.

No comments: