Saturday, January 19, 2008

Work in Progress



This has been a hat in the making for some time now. We had leftover light blue cashmere yarn and a tiny bit of rich chocolate too. One trip to the LYS for some great dark blue cashmere and this little hat was conceived. The big surprise was how much chocolate brown yarn there really was. I thought, maybe two rounds, for one thin stripe, but while I was knitting last night, I had more than I had thought! I love the brown as an accent color, so my original vision changed. Because this design was stripes - "randomly"placed, I wanted to make sure I would like the end result. So off to snag some graphing paper from my husband and broke into my daughter's colored pencils. Here are the results (not drawn to scale). Which one will it be? Stay tuned for the results...

No comments: