Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Reminder.......


I was sitting at my sewing machine listening to NPR's talk of the nation. They were discussing the women's movement, Hillary, and feminism. The women's movement has held a soft spot in my heart and issues that women must face. I have to admit that I have lost touch with the women's movement since college. I have "softened" somewhat over the years. But as I was listening to the radio I heard the most brilliant saying....


"When walking a new path you kick up a lot of dust, especially when you are wearing heels." - Ramona Oliver of Emily's List


It reminded me not to be afraid to try new things and to be proud of being a woman. Sometimes it takes a little random saying to spark that tiny flame in your heart. So ladies kick up lots of dust and wear those heels proudly!

No comments: