Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What a Great Find!!

Yesterday I was letting myself get lost in the wonderful world of blogging. It was so nice to take the time to read browse and enjoy other people's blogs. Many were inspiring (I really need to learn how to sew), others I just love the craft ideas (I'll blog on that later), and one introduced me to something called Spoonflower. Spoonflower is a company that prints custom fabric designs. I am in awe of this. I am no graphic designer (my hubby has that talent), but oh would I love to design my own fabric or see what he could come up with. It is currently in beta testing, so it is by invite only, but it is still so interesting to me. The blog I found it on is The Black Apple. I was looking at some prints to purchase in the near future for my daughter's room from her shop on Etsy. In her blog she shows off some fabric she had designed - it is so cute. I wish I could do Joely's whole room in it (someday - she shares a room with her brother right now). Or maybe when she finally has a room to herself I can design my own fabric for it!

No comments: