Monday, January 26, 2009

The Fair Isle Experience

My first real experience at Fair Isle knitting was finally completed this weekend. I used a fantastic pattern from Amy King. The pattern used a simple chart that was very easy to read. By using a variegated yarn, the hat looks more intricate than it really is. I think that next time I will knit the larger size for this hat, it seems just a little to snug. I also need to work on my decreasing when knitting Fair Isle, the yarn was carried a little to tight! YIKES! Overall I really liked the pattern and the design. For some reason I don't like the hat on me. I think that the beanie hat style is not in cards right now. I also am not to crazy about the colors on me. Overall I had a very positive knitting experience and I am so happy that I got out of my knitting comfort box to try something new!!

No comments: