Wednesday, March 4, 2009

This past week I spent the day braking in the new food dehydrator. The result?? I really love it, but I do need learn more patience with this dehydrating business. What I worked on were some root veggies and then a strawberry fruit roll-up.

What I used were parsnips, beets, sweet potatoes, and I had some left over green beans that I thought I would try out. The beets are just so pretty!! I added a herb and garlic seasoning to them to give them a little zing. That was a good idea. I think that the beets and beans would have been better, but I needed to let them go a little longer in the dehydrator.( a little chewy yet) I also tried some parsnips as well.
The end result was a great first go at it. I really cannot wait until the veggies and fruits are in season! I think this spring and summer are going to be full of wonderful eats!!

No comments: