Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Busting the Stash

I posted last week about getting through some works in progress. So I decided that also means busting through some of those long standing projects that have been on my mind. I have a stash of vintage pillowcases that I was not sure what to do with. I also have been wanting to make something from the great sewing book Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter. I decided that with this past Mother's Day celebration, these fun aprons would be a great way to surprise some mom's I know. The pattern is very simple and you can make so many modifications to personalize it. I just kept is simple to really let the funky floral pattern show off. These are nowhere near as cute as the aprons over on Carrie's blog, but a little recycle project never hurts!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

so not true! yours is just fantastic! :)