Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Rainbow Connection

It seemed appropriate to finish up these happy and bright socks just in time for spring. The leaves are finally on the trees, the flowers blooming, and my Broadripple socks are DONE! I have been stuck in a sock knitting rut. I was knitting plain ol' stockinette stitch socks ALL the time. I discovered all of these beautiful patterns on Ravelry and my impulse to try something new became immediate.

This pattern was very enjoyable to knit. I did not need to make any modifications. It had instructions on how to knit them on 2 circular needles (yeah!) and the pattern was easy to memorize. The yarn is Noro's Kureyon sock yarn. It was given to me by my lovely sister. As with any Noro yarn, the colors are beautiful and it is fun to watch them change as you knit.

The lace pattern is very pretty and perfect for this time of year. We still have our chilly mornings and evenings here in Michigan. A little splash of something bright makes for a wonderful way to chase away those spring showers!

No comments: