Thursday, May 21, 2009

This Just In...

Another stash busting project is all done and in use. YEAH! For this project I knit up the super fast and fun Spring Beret by Natalie Larson. While the weather is warming, the mornings are still on the chilly side. Or more realistically, I just don't have the time in morning to get myself looking proper for the day. This hat solves all that! I used Rowan's summer tweed yarn. The yarn has a lovely texture and is made from cotton, which keeps the hat nice and light. I feel this yarn keeps things in tune with the season. The pattern was easy to knit, but interesting enough so you did not get board.
I love to throw this on in the mornings. Run the kids to school, run some errands, and it stays in place. You gotta love a hat that actually functions like it should. This could be the start of a beret knitting frenzy!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Katie I LOVE this!! and you wear it soooo well! Every time I see you I want to cut my hair and make it red! :)