Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Crazy Train


I have got a case of crazy. I think something has snapped. The one thing I swore I hate to do, I am doing. JOGGING. I don't know what has over come me to start jogging, but I am on my way. I found this program called The Couch To 5K. It is not scary, I get to walk to start out, and I find myself enjoying it. Who would have thought?

I find myself thinking that maybe I can do this. Is it possible? Can I actually run a 5K? I like getting up and getting outside. I like that when I am out (gulp) exercising the world is quiet and peaceful. When I get back home, I am wide awake and ready to greet my kiddos and get the show on the road. And at night I don't feel so bad while I sit and knit or sew. I feel.........healthy.

There are no plans for marathons or running for more than 3-4 times a week. Just a way to stay fit and take care of this aging body. I want to enjoy foods and drinks and life and not diet my life away. So maybe, just maybe, this will help me do that.

2 comments:

Lost Poet said...

My first 5K was run because it was expected of me where I worked. Being a temporary worker means that I HAD to do what management said whether I liked it or not. I never trained, and on the day I realized Management in their ultimate wisdom signed me up for the 10K instead of the 5K. I ran it anyway, and finished it. I was never so tired (or exhilarated) by physical activity in my life. I think this is a positive step and you should keep it up!

Carrie said...

I can't believe it. I'M actually 'jogging' too! Seriously. I've been doing it for just over a month now. Even my friend Meg who swore off such a gross activity has been 'jogging.' I think I'm all kinds of crazy too. Good for you for setting an actual goal. I'm usually just a zombie on a treadmill! :) Keep up the good work!