Friday, August 14, 2009

Goals

This week has been all about goals. Simple goals for just this week. J is gone for 5 days so I am trying to stay busy, keep the kids busy, and work on things for myself. So far, so good. I have managed to keep messes at bay. I have given things a cleaning and got the laundry under control. That is a great feeling.

I completed my first week of running and met all my goals for the week. That is an AWESOME feeling. I have already uploaded week 2 for Sunday.

I took the kids blueberry picking for the first time. They had a blast. Went in the morning so it was not to hot. J.D. ate almost as many as he picked. Afterward we had blueberry/vanilla soft serve ice cream. It was HEAVENLY!!! The perfect reward for job well done at the blueberry patch. I have been freezing our haul. Can't wait to enjoy them in the middle of winter. YUM!

Finally got going on a knitting project. Working on a "scarf". Pics and more details to come. The one bummer of the week was not being able to start on my string quilt. But I guess that will come. I also think it will be a great project for fall. Now is time to finish out the weekend with family and then dad is some on Sunday! YEAH!!!!

No comments: