Sunday, January 31, 2010
January Sewing Is Done!
Now, onto the deatails. I used simplicity pattern 2925 view A. It was a pretty easy pattern to follow. I did leave out the ties but may add them on later. I also changed up the neckline just a little. I made bias tape out of the material I was using and decided to use that on the neckline instead. Otherwise everything went as written. The material was a drapy blend of rayon with 2% spandex for some stretch. Love a little give in a dress. So nice when sitting. I have stated before and I will say it again. A mom must have pockets! They come in handy when you least expect it.
Overall I like how it came out. It would make a VERY comfortable dress if done in a more casual fabric. Could see another one of these or a little different version being made in the future. Will try and post pics from the party and of the entire outfit put together.