Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Small Step


In January one gets the itch to spruce things up around the home. The holiday decorations are coming down anyway, so why not change things around. The hope next weekend to start a painting project in the upstairs. In the meantime, I had the urge for something small, quick, and super simple. How about a new runner for the kitchen hutch?? Yes, a good start! I had a little Joel Dewberry fabric that was begging to be made into something. The colors go well with the hutch, I think.
I think I really like how it turned out. It is keeping me motivated to keep working on things around here. Of course I will have to remind myself of that next week as we prep to have the upstairs painted. I can't wait. It is going to be my own sewing space!! How exciting!


No comments: