Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3 Little Birds

  The softie project is done!  I went in a very different direction.  I still made birds, but I used a different pattern.  These three lovely birds are from a pattern found on Spool Sewing.  Although I did not make the mobile, these birds are headed off to be with my new nephew and his little brother. My sister is a fan of birds and nature,so I thought these suited her styleI did not put any eyes on them, I just kept them plain.  I was not sure what "mom" would want or not want on them.  So in the interest of safety and keeps it simple, the birds have not been embellished.  On my next go with these, it would be fun to experiment a little with some felt or embroidery. I loved this as a stash busting experiment. It always feels good to get some scarps used up.  Now it is time for these three to fly this house and onto another!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

They're so cute. I tried this pattern last year, but I had the hardest time with them. You'll have to tell me your secret!

Melissa Antolovic said...

They look great sitting on the windowsill!