Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Challenge - 30 Days

  You know that movie Super Size Me?  Yeah, that one with with the guy who eats McD's for 30 horrendous days.  I think trying something new really DOES take 30 days to make an informed decision.  It gives you time to evaluate and experience the good and bad.  I have decided that after the holiday crazy food fest and more research on my part, I am going to go vegan for 30 days.  I NEVER thought this would even be a possibility, but there really are some amazing recipes out there, and 30 days seems like a great way to cleanse out the holiday binge. Now, I have a pretty limited meat diet anyway (only turkey, chicken, and fish).  However, giving up my precious cheese is going to be very very hard.  I LOVE cheese of all kinds Gruyere, Goat, Feta, Mozzarella, and soooooo much more. 

  I do expect that after 30 days I will be full back at full cheese strength.  I don't expect this to change me to the point of running around purging my closet of leather shoes and purses.  I do expect to have a more open mind, a better way to incorporate tasty vegan meals into my life, and I love a challenge of the food kind.

  I am also excited that I am not going to go at it alone.  No, the mister is staying in his comfort zone of meat and man food.  (although he does do vegetarian on occasion). A friend is going to take this on with me.  I am so happy.  Someone to talk to, share recipes with, and fight the urge to sneak just a little nibble of that delicious grilled cheese the kids are having. 

In the meantime I am looking forward to dinner tomorrow.  Homemade french onion and fennel soup! Oh yeah baby, all that melted cheese goodness!!

No comments: