Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Heart Fall

I love fall AND I love new knits! Huzzah for a fun and finished knitting project.  Fall is the perfect time for fingerless mittens.  I love them.  You can access anything you need without having to sacrifice some cold hands. The pattern used was by Nutty Irishman Knits, titled Juniper Mitts. Found the pattern on Ravelry. The yarn I used was something left over from the stash. It was a heavy worsted weight yarn.  I cannot remember what I used! 
  I finished off the mittens with a fake buttonhole.  My buttons were found at the thrift store (of course!). I love that they are a great neutral color.  Most important, I use them all the time for running out, playing in the yard, and walking the kiddo to school with a hot cup o' coffee in hand. 

No comments: