Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Comfy Jacket 4 The Holidays

A new sewing project is all done and ready to show off. Just in time for winter. Jacket was loosely based on Burda pattern 7580. I changed up the collar and made the sides a little bigger. This allows the jacket to hug around you for warmth and it lays nice and flat with a belt. It was a very simple jacket to sew and due to the nature of the material, there is no need to hem and "finish" things. I love it!!

I found the material at a local thrift store. The fabric was brand new and I am not one to pass up a bargain. The fabric is a knit on top with a light fleece/sweatshirt feel underneath. This is perfect with skinny's and boots, skirts, and even thrown on over those lounge pants on a snowy day. So, let is snow this Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm so impressed! (As always!)