Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Happy Surprise

slippers


   The other day I was looking through some sewing books getting some inspiration for the holidays.  I finally found a winner with the book Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross.  Her guest slipper pattern caught my eye. I decided to give it a whirl, although I did some modifications.  I used fold over elastic and omitted the ric-rack.  I have so much of the FOE in my stash, this was a great way to use some up. I also omitted the little loop in the back of the slipper.  Next time I may add it, especially if gifting to others.
 My favorite part is the fabric.  I used  napkins from World Market! That store is so full of textile goodness.

slippers
 With this wearable muslin all done, there maybe many more pair showing up in the future. It was a fast and pretty simple project and there are LOTS of possibilities to really personalize and get creative with this.  

No comments: