Friday, April 22, 2011

More Stash Busting (and embroidery )

  I am continuing to try and bust through some stash fabric.  I had a heavier cotton laying around.  I thought I was going to make a bag out of it, but then a skirt sounded more fun.  Using my go to skirt pattern (Amy Butler's Barcelona Skirt) I set out to make a simple skirt for spring.

 .  I did not make any changes to the pattern except that I did not hem the skirt.  I want it to fray at the ends.  The material is a natural color, why not keep it natural looking?  I love the skirt, but it is still a bit to cold for skirt wearing around here.  Right not the skirt sits in the closet waiting for the day when it can come out to play. 


In the meantime I continue to sew and to build up that spring and summer wardrobe.  It has to warm up sometime right????

No comments: