Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sweet Niece!

  In our family, we have boys. All nephews, including my 2 contributions.  There are 7 of them to be exact.  So imagine my surprise when I found out I am getting a NIECE! My lovely sister in law is expecting this August and we could not be more happy.  As soon as we found out, I set to work on putting a gifty box together. Along with some store bought finds I included some homemade goodies.

Embroidery is my new addiction.  I checked out several books at the library including Sublime Stitching by Jenny Hart.  Love it! I got my hands on some simple white onsies and went to town!

Baby Love
Bird pattern by Jenny Hart. Kept this one simple.


Frontside of onsie #2
The front side of onesie #2


Backside onesie #2
The back side of the onesie #2.  Pattern by Jenny Hart.
 Of course not only did I get to test out some embroidery, but having a niece means I get to FINALLY  try out all those super cute girlie sewing patterns out there! Will be coming in next post. Can't wait! There is something to be said for all this rainy cold weather.  You are defiantly more productive in the sewing department!

No comments: