Monday, November 16, 2009

Can't Believe This Is The End


When I read my email yesterday, I received some shocking and sad news. The best yarn shop in our city is closing. City Knitting's owner Lorilee has made the difficult decision to close her store in order pursue other things she has had to put on hold due to running the shop. Yes, the store is really closing and Grand Rapids will be minus one of the best treasures in the craft community.

It is taking a little bit of time to process all of this. The shop was always full of good people, good food, and of course good yarn. I wish Lorilee nothing but the best in her future endeavors!! So for one last hurrah I will stop by the shop and savor all that is good and wonderful about a LYS. Of course there is a small part of me that someone will step in and keep the store going. The reality of course is that the light will go off and we will be left to find a new home where we will meet new friends, enjoy great yarn, and hopefully eat yummy treats.

No comments: